Over the past few years, many organizations have had to adjust quickly in order to stay in business. If your business is like most businesses, you may have needed solutions to help your employees work together effectively regardless of where they are. But how can you ensure that your short-term actions are leading towards the achievement of long-term goals? Looking ahead to the next year, there are 3 tech acceleration technologies you should be aware of.
Many businesses are starting to evaluate whether the technology solutions and products they implemented at the beginning of the pandemic are practical in the long run. For a better future, it’s critical to think beyond mere tech acceleration and embrace smart tech acceleration.
While tech acceleration is about fast implementations that fix short-term issues, smart tech acceleration focuses on implementing technology capable of supporting an organization’s long-term goals and vision. When planning for smart tech acceleration, taking the top tech trends and emerging technologies into consideration is crucial to carry your business successfully into the future. By prioritizing the best tech trends and emerging technologies, you can gain a competitive advantage over your competitors. And by embracing smart tech acceleration, you’ll be able to build a more innovative culture that will help your business flourish in the long run.
3 Tech Acceleration Technologies
Total experience will be the new strategic differentiator
By breaking down silos and integrating technology with employees, customers, and users, total experience improves the overall experience. It focuses on meeting the needs of your customers and employees to achieve better, meaningful, long-term business outcomes.
Total experience has several components:
- Customer experience (cx) is the quality of an interaction between a business and its customers, including how easy it is for customers to do business with them.
- Employee experience (EX) is the quality of work life for employees, including how easily they can do their jobs.
- Brand experience (BE) is the way customers perceive a business based on their interactions with it.
- Business operations experience (BOP) is how effectively and efficiently employees can do their jobs.
- Digital experience (DX) is the quality of online experiences, including how easily customers can find information about products or services and how well websites work across different devices.
Generative AI applications will rise
Generative AI is a catch-all term for artificial intelligence that creates new artifacts (digital items) using unsupervised learning algorithms. By 2025, experts expect it to account for 10% of all data produced, a significant increase compared to the <1% it generates today. However, handle this technology with caution, as it is becoming clear that it might share the same implicit biases as its developers.
For a great example of how generative AI is progressing, we encourage you to explore the image generator at craiyon.com. It is a powerful example of how AI can be used to create new content. In the near future, we expect generative AI to be used in many industries including entertainment, education, and product development.
Smart infrastructure adoption will grow
Experts expect smart infrastructure investments to grow dramatically as it is clear that IoT and edge technologies that run on advanced networks like 5G can enable connected ports, roads, and trains. This goldmine should never be overlooked by proactive businesses since it will undoubtedly serve as a catalyst for growth.
Smart infrastructure provides a chance for small and medium businesses (SMBs) to improve their digital capabilities and make business operations more productive.
Smart infrastructure has the following advantages:
- It helps facilitate seamless collaboration, providing for increased agility.
- It provides greater access to more comprehensive data, empowering smarter decision making.
- It generates performance-based analytics, helping you identify problem areas and improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
Are you ready to jump on board with emerging technologies? As always, we’re here to help.