In your attempt to adapt to the evolving technology landscape and pandemic, have you invested in solutions that may be hindering your company’s long-term goals? If so, you’re not alone, which is why we’re going to discuss why smart tech acceleration is essential to long-term growth.
The rapid growth of technology shows no signs of slowing, and businesses have gradually begun to adjust to the “new normal.” Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have started to realize that to provide a competitive level of service to both customers and employees, they must keep up with current trends that support their goals and vision.
Here are a few reasons why staying current with technology is critical:
- Providing tools that work together saves time and effort, which leads to increases in overall efficiency.
- Streamlined technologies and processes can help improve your employee experience and increase productivity.
- Helps improve security by removing obsolete technology that no longer receives crucial security patches.
While tech acceleration is about fast implementations that fix short-term issues, smart tech acceleration focuses on implementing technology that supports the organization’s long-term goals and vision.
Smart Tech Acceleration
In the years since the pandemic began in 2020, you’ve probably noticed many changes at other companies. Businesses had to make rapid decisions to deploy tools and processes to allow for remote work and collaboration. While these digital solutions might have helped organizations survive during a period of great uncertainty, they may no longer fulfill objectives or align with the organization’s long-term vision.
It’s time for a technology strategy that considers your company’s long-term goals, market trends, and how technology can support key initiatives. According to many business-technology experts, there is a belief that investment in smart infrastructure will increase by 40% by the end of 2022, demonstrating that many organizations understand the importance of effective technology acceleration.
Smart tech acceleration also underlines the importance of technology in terms of customer experience and employee retention. In the wake of the pandemic, approximately 10% of businesses committed to going fully remote, 60% experimented with hybrid environments, and 30% fully returned to the office. These changes don’t (or shouldn’t) happen overnight. Seismic shifts in customer and staff retention patterns could occur if quick acceleration gets prioritized over a long-term strategy. Rushed changes and accompanying solutions may not serve your employees and customers well.
Three ways companies can use smart tech to accelerate short-term growth and set themselves up for long-term success:
- Businesses today must collaborate with several vendors to perform various tasks. Smart tech acceleration insists on identifying partners who align with your values and are innovative enough to contribute to your future roadmap. This is crucial. If your vendors aren’t aligned you’ll eventually come into conflict, and things may get even more complicated if you have to find a substitute in the middle of a project.
- Integration helps businesses meet their growing IT demands by making it easier to connect new solutions with their existing IT infrastructure. In fact, many manufacturers today design their technology products expecting future integration with other IT components.
Smart tech acceleration advocates for integration to improve business operations. A centralized infrastructure boosts the efficiency of information sharing and workflows, resulting in higher productivity. It also reduces operational expenses, improves overall response time, and guarantees that information is easily accessible when needed.
- Smart acceleration ensures your organization’s growth by focusing on key performance indicator (KPI) improvements rather than quick, reactionary installations.
Be wary of quick fixes that don’t produce long-term results, and instead invest in actions that will help you grow as a business.
Still looking for ways to accelerate you business growth through technology? As always, we’re here to help.